Both Sina and I gave Malu Father's Day cards this morning, but it was so much cuter to see him opening her card.
He read it out aloud to her and then they cuddled, kissed, hugged and shared a few giggles. Life just doesn't get any better than that, I tell you.
I knew well before Malu and I were married that he was going to make a terrific father. He just LOVES kids. I mean LOVES them. He's the one guy at get-togethers with friends and family that is out there giving all the kids piggy-back rides, or tossing a football around with them, or chatting it up with them. He grew up around kids on the islands and helped raise them (i.e. his younger brothers and both his little cousins, Sala and Daniel in Utah, who were both born premature). And he's just a fun-loving guy. What kid wouldn't want to be around him? That being said, I couldn't wait to have kids of our own. Even though I knew he was going to be superdad, I am still completely blown away by how great a dad he truly is.
For the past few months, he's been a stay-at-home dad while doing classes online full-time (and acing them all on top of it!), which has been a huge help (and a relief) for me, working the crazy hours that I do. He devotes his full attention each day to Sina, even if it means he has to sacrifice his study/homework time (which explains why he's up doing schoolwork until 3 or 4 in the morning). In the midst of all of this, he keeps a clean house (most of the time!), is still a drilling Army reservist, and puts up with me and my antics--which, alone, should win him a gold medal.
He's the reason why I can stay focused on my job (and why I can get extra sleep overnight!). He is my best friend and confidante, and is the finest role model for Sina.
I also liked the card that I gave Malu today. Here's how it reads...
| Sina @ 6 days |
On your first Father's Day
I just wanted to say
that you're doing a really great job!
Not that it's any surprise--
but who knew you'd be such a natural?







5 comments:
Some beautiful pictures of Malu and Sina. Hope he had a nice Father's Day.
Beautiful pictures! I hope your hubby had a great day!
awww sounds like he's a great daddy :) the world needs lots more great daddies. p.s. i just read your last post, i love your daughter's room, esp the abc print!
what great words about all of the Dad's in your life. your husband with his daugther is a beautiful thing to see...so precious. A Daddy's Girl, for sure!! My cousin's hubby is the man that always plays with all of the kiddos at our get together's and my son always asks if he can come play instead of his children :) Ha!!!
They are so cute together - he looks like a great daddy!
Post a Comment